Thursday 20 August 2015

YOUR TRUE POTENTIAL!

During the last 3 years I have come to understand what it means to be in a relationship with God. With that however came a lot of questions. Who am I? Why am I here? What am I supposed to do? What is God's purpose for me? Why do the things that happen to me, happen to me? To be honest most of the time I felt completely overwhelmed and thoroughly confused.

I started asking questions like: Why am I not going anywhere? What is it that's holding me back? I read numerous books; watch so many DVD’s, started reading my Bible, discussed life with good friends and started asking God for answers to my questions. Once again God showed His perfect timing and faithfulness.

First through various means He helped me to understand who I am to Him. As a child I was very shy and did not have too much confidence in myself. Coming out of a divorce, I had no confidence at all in myself. Suddenly I was faced with all kinds of very scary situations. I had to do everything and I had to do it all alone. I learnt that I was beautiful and valuable to God, that I was loved and not alone, that I do not have to live in fear and that I was looked after in every possible way. I learnt what my identity is in God. I am a daughter of the King of all kings and therefore I stand in line to inherit all that is His. 

I found peace, but I still had no directions. It still felt like there was more to my life. I just didn't know what. I learnt that I was made for a purpose, but what was that purpose? A while back I read a book Miles Munroe wrote about the purpose of women and I started to understand why I was the way I was. I started to understand what it meant to submit as a women and why it is so important to submit. I realised that to submit did not make me vulnerable or weak. It allows the power God gave me as a woman to come out. It allows me to fulfil the role I was made for by God. It doesn't make me weak, it makes me stronger. The world has twisted what was meant by God as a helper to all men into something that degrades and humiliates women all over the world. We were told that we are the weaker sex and therefore we were entitled to less, but God made men and women equal and together unstoppable. Why do you think satan targets our marriages? He knows that if he can destroy the godly relationship between men and women he can destroy the power God gave men and women to rule on earth and therefore to rule over satan.

Finally after 3 years I understood myself as a woman. Scary when you realise I am almost 50 years old. Now what to do with myself was my next question. I can feel it in myself that there is more to life than just getting up every morning and trying to survive. Again I read a book written by Miles Munroe about our potential and once again a little part of my scrambled brain became unscrambled. I have to tell you the more I dig the clearer things become. I really can start to see why the bible says that what is wise to the world is foolishness to God and vice versa. For the first time in my life I feel like I got to the starting point. Before I was running around like a deranged person not knowing where I am and where I should be. 

I came to the conclusion that first and foremost I am a mother, made to nourish and love my children and for that matter all children. The world told me I should be a business woman and a provider, but God said I am a helper and nourisher. Second the world told me to take, but God said to give. If God tells you to do/give something He will also give you the ability to fulfil it. Thirdly the world told me to advocate human rights, but God told me to advocate the good news about the gospel. 

Jesus came to earth to minister and to serve. I often felt guilty because I never felt comfortable to go out and talk to people about God. So many people don't want to listen when you talk about God. I realised that even if they don't want to listen they will look. People will look at you and what they see will make an impact. If they like what they see they will want to know more about what they see. If I learnt anything it is that people who have the Holy Spirit in them are different. They look different and they respond different to life and its challenges. They have a peace and freedom about them that defies the problems they experience in their everyday life. I wanted what I saw in them and eventually I started asking about God. It gave someone the opportunity to start talking to me about God. If people can see God's reflection in me they will come to me and start to ask about God and then God will give me all I need to tell them about the awesome God I serve. The more I spoke about God and experienced Him in my life the easier it became to talk about Him to others.

So for now I know that I want to show God to the world through the things I do and the person I am. I know that I want to make a difference in the lives of the people I come into contact with, my children, family, friends and acquaintances. I know that I want to teach my children their full potential in God and not what the world tells them their potential are. I want them to understand who they are in God and what that means. I want to help them determine what their purpose is by teaching them to understand who their Source is. I want my children to be spirit people and not soul people. I want them to be led by their spirit attached to the Spirit of God and not to be led by their senses and intellect. 

I also know that I want to serve people and that it means I will have to put my dreams on paper and work out a plan of how to reach it and then get off my butt and do it. I know that whatever God has put in my heart and thoughts, I can achieve through faith and determination. I also know now that God will only give me what I want bad enough to give my life for. I also know that the earth and all that is on it was meant to be a resource and not to become a god and that my potential was meant to be shared. I understand know that life really is not about the material things but truly about how much of God you can allow in yourself. When you seek the things of God He really does give you the rest.

God gave as all the same potential that is in Him, because He made as according to His likeness, but He also gave us certain conditions to live by. He is the One that made us and He is the one that gave us our potential. He is also the only One that can fix us when we break. Just like a TV cannot work without a power supply we cannot work without Christ in us. We can try but we will end up broken every single time. The world is full of broken people who refuse to read the manual that came with humankind; instead they try the shortcut only to come up short every single time.

Unless you understand what the purpose is of an object you will never know the potential of that object and the potential of an object gets determined by its maker. Do you know your full potential? Do you know who your Maker is? Instead of being a person whose full potential goes with him to his grave the day he dies, why you don’t find out exactly what your purpose are and what you can achieve by reading your manual and getting to know your Maker. I know that for the first time I have a clue as to why I am here. I know that I have just begun to understand my full potential and I know I still have a long way to go before I will start to reach that potential, but at least I have a starting point now. I cannot wait to see what God has planned for me. God really does reveal Himself to those who earnestly seek Him. 

When you start to see and understand who God is, life really starts to make sense and not in the way the world tells us. God's way really is the perfect and only way, but He is a gentleman. You need to choose to read the manual and to follow its instructions before you will be able to operate in the way that you were intended to operate. Only then you can become all you were meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment